Macerich is sharply focused on sustainability as a long-term, fully integrated business approach. Our goal is simple: Create a healthy environment for our employees, tenants, guests and communities and sustain this environment for future generations.
Today we are committed to doing even more — to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions, energy use, water consumption, and waste generation by 10 percent by 2020. For more information click here.
What We’re Doing at Arden Fair
- Our Security Staff uses Global Electric Motorcars and Segways instead of vehicles powered by gas.
- We use green cleaning products at our center wherever and whenever possible.
- The center has implemented new lighting protocols that allow us to minimize our energy use and lower our carbon footprint without any impact on the shopping experience.
- Our center has a recently upgraded HVAC system that minimizes our energy usage and lowers our carbon footprint.
- We recycle cardboard, glass, plastic, used light bulbs and used paint.
- All offices have motion sensors installed. We are now expanding into tenant storage rooms as some of these are on 24-hours a day.
- We use HVAC filters that meet green building standards and eco-friendly paint.
- HVAC and indoor/outdoor lighting schedules have been adjusted to help save energy while still offering a comfortable and appealing shopping atmosphere.
- All public restrooms have automated sinks, paper towels dispensers, urinals and toilets.
- All cooking oils that are used in the center’s eateries are recycled.
- Within our management office, we purchase eco-friendly office supplies and recycle whenever possible in the office and throughout the property – from supplies to using reclaimed water.
- We have worked to reduce any runoff from the upkeep of our exterior landscape and water at night to save where we can.